1. An easy to use projected balance sheet template using Excel
Simple to use Excel template for profit and loss forecasts; cash flow forecasts and a projected balance sheet. No in-depth knowledge of Excel required. Plus you don’t need to know how to write Excel formulas.
A projected balance sheet and profit and loss account done for you…all you need to do is to enter you company information and settings…and the data. Simple, easy and fast.
Professional reports with easy to use Excel-based template software and ‘quick to get started‘.
How a client explained it: ” It has saved me hours on a recent clients projections.” Phil Taylor;
and another client said:
“The template is excellent – very easy to use. You can produce a professional set of forecasts very quickly.” Tim Moorhouse.
A speedy projected balance sheet and profit and loss account.
Within no time, you’ll have professional reports which forecast for 12 months, 24 months, 3 years, 5 years and even up to 7 years.
Professional reports ready for presenting to banks for bank lending; to use for angel investment; for your management meetings; or to support your business plans and annual budgets. Save time, save money…all for a small $127 fee.
2. Double entry done for you with a projected balance sheet produced automatically
Preparing complex Excel spreadsheets from scratch is at best time-consuming. Working out the formulas and which numbers go were can lead to headaches for some. Also, when you prepare any balance sheet using formulas, there’s no guarantee your figures will balance at the end.
Invest in Cash Forecaster where all the hard work and difficult formulas have already been calculated for you. Save time, look professional and get the job done fast.
How a client explained it: “You can spend your time producing accurate figures rather than trying to work out how to make the balance sheet balance with the cash flow forecast!” Tim Moorhouse.
3. VAT (Sales Tax/GST) entries calculated automatically
Making the correct VAT-inclusive* or VAT-exclusive* entries are complicated. Getting them on the right reports can be tricky too.
It’s important to differentiate between the ‘net of VAT* (Sales Tax) figures,‘ which are reported on the profit and loss projection reports; vs the numbers that are shown on the cash flow forecasts.
However, this is all taken care of with our financial projections template for you.
Cash Forecaster Software makes this quick and easy. VAT* entries are done for you. You just need to know which products, expenses or services are Vatable*…simple.
* The financial projections template is also set up to account for sales tax and/or GST.
4. Capital expenditure, net of asset disposals and asset depreciation are included on a projected balance sheet automatically
Most small businesses have capital expenditure. They also have assets disposals too. Additionally, businesses depreciate their assets over time. In addition to including these numbers on the cash flow projections, the need to be incorporated on to the projected balance sheet too.
Capital expenditure could include buildings, motor vehicles, plant, equipment, computers, furniture and other assets.
Using our financial projections template you enter your opening fixed assets. Then add any new planned-for capital expenditure and any planned disposals in the forecast period.
It’s extremely easy to enter the asset type; the fixed asset cost; the fixed asset purchase date; the VAT (Sales Tax) rate; the sale date of assets disposed of; and the software does the rest for you, including automatic depreciation calculations.
All the numbers are put in the right places on right reports, in the correct month ending with a projected balance sheet at the end of your forecast period(s), be it 3 year forecasts, 5 year forecasts or a shorter 12 month forecast.
5. Business loans, hire purchase investor finance made easy
Our forecasting template incorporates business bank loans or hire purchase contracts for fixed asset purchases.
Your financial projections can also be used to calculate any bank overdraft facility requirements for your small business.
This easy to use loan function includes many different loans types that are available to small businesses. The template has built-in loan and hire purchase functionality to suit most types of business loan facility. The outstanding amount on any loan or hire purchase is included on the projected balance sheet at the end of each month of the forecast reports, and on the summary yearly balance sheet report.
6. Sensitivity analysis will save you time
Another time-saving feature is the sensitivity analysis tool. It’s important to stress test your cash flow and profit and loss forecasts.
With Cash Forecaster, this is made to be easy. With the click of a button, you can quickly increase or decrease your sales and/or cost of sales. This feature saves you time by not having to re-enter your data over and again.
Banks and investors often want to know your best case or worst case business scenarios, before they will lend or invest. Our simple financial projections template makes the task of your what-if scenarios quick and easy.
7. Need a feature listed in Cash Forecaster…
Everyone benefits when our Cash Forecaster software is upgraded. Most of the new features we include are suggestions from customer that have already purchased. Recently a client was recommended to use our software by Lloyds Bank Plc. This customer asked for a specific report, so we upgraded Cash Forecaster free of charge, as it would benefit future customers too.
Projected balance sheet format
The projected balance sheet format uses the standard balance sheet. An example of which is shown in Figure 1.
The format used for the projected balance sheet is with the assets and liabilities in the top section; with share capital and reserves in the bottom section.
This is a key commitments to our customers. So if you’d like us to add a new feature that will help you prepare cash flow forecasts for your small business, we will include it free of charge. The only caveats are: the feature required is possible to do; and we feel that it will benefit other clients too.
And remember, this unique service is provided completely free of charge. Also, if your initial purchase was dependent on this new feature being included, and we are not able to deliver on this promise, we will extend the 30 day money back guarantee to the point at which we are not able to deliver on your request. In which case you’ll get 100% of your money back…not questions asked
However, so far we’ve managed to cater for all requests, some take longer than others to incorporate, but it does mean that this version of a Cash Forecaster software is full of extra ‘customer-requested-features.’
This offer is a win-win scenario for you and for us. You receive a free upgrade, whilst we can offer the new feature to future customers.
For this feature rich financial projection template, all you pay is a small $127 fee.
Here’s a list of features included in our best selling projected balance sheet template:
Profit and loss reports…
The projected profit and loss includes the following features:
- Month by month forecast reports for 12 months; 24 months; 3 years; 5 years; 6 years and 7 years.
- 20 product/sales lines with associated cost of sales lines.
- Detailed overhead expenses.
- Accruals and prepayment feature to easily adjust your startup forecasts to tie in with payment timings and what’s charged to the profit and loss.
Projected balance sheet at each month end and at each year end…
The projected balance sheet for your business includes the following features:
- Ten loan or hire purchase accounts. These include many great functions and features; including: Interest rate; Loan term; Final lump payment; Set your own payment amount; Loan repayment holidays; Interest charged to the loan or to the bank; plus more.
- Capital expenditure and fixed assets.
- Asset depreciation rates including automatic calculations.
- Stock and work in progress feature.
- Factoring or Invoice discounting feature. If your company factors/invoice discounts its invoices or is looking to see how this affects business cash flows, this feature is included.
- Other debtors and other creditor facility.
- Opening balances facility – easily enter your opening trial balance or closing balance sheet.
- Projected balance sheet for 12 months; Projected balance sheet for 24 months; Projected balance sheet for 3 years; Projected balance sheet for 4 years; Projected balance sheet for 5 years; Projected balance sheet for 6 years; and a Projected balance sheet for 7 years. The ones in bold are the most popular periods to project.
The cash flow projection template includes these additional functions and features…
- International currency symbol on all reports – £, $ and € (or any other currency).
- VAT, Sales Tax and GST terms – Cash Forecaster software does all the necessary calculations for you.
- Automatic overdraft interest or deposit interest calculations.
- Flexible customer payment terms – With up to 12 months credit terms.
- Prepaid income with up to 24 months advance payments.
- Flexible supplier payment terms – Payment terms include cash through to 12 month payment terms.
- Credit card charge calculations.
- Payroll taxes and wages deductions.
- Company/Corporation tax calculator with great features, including adjusting the profit for tax purposes.
- Sensitivity analysis tool to speedily trial various scenarios.
- Owner dividends or drawings/capital introduced or director/partner loans.
- Flexible headings that can be changed to suit your business.
The following reports are included:
- Assumptions report;
- Summary forecasts with break-even analysis report;
- Cash flow forecast report;
- Profit forecast report;
- Trading summary report;
- Overhead report;
- Projected balance sheet report, in summary at the end of each year and by month;
- Fixed asset report;
- Loan report;
- VAT/Sales Tax/GST report;
- Payroll taxes report.
- Factoring or invoice discounting report.
- Backup report which provides a detailed breakdown to support the forecast profit and loss and balance sheets.
- Monthly reports for profit and loss and balance sheet. Choose whatever period you like with comparatives of your choice too.
Here are a sample of the reports generated from Cash Forecaster – Cash Flow Forecasting Reports
30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE:
Our 30-Day Promise To You: If for whatever reason you buy our cash flow forecasting software and don’t like it, we will refund all your money; no questions asked.
Also, please notify us immediately of a feature you’d like included when you purchase Cash Forecaster software, and we’ll extend this guarantee to the point we deliver on including your requested feature. If we are not able to add the feature you require, for whatever reason, you will receive your money back.
And remember, adding a feature in this way, is completely free of charge too.
What our customers are saying about our products:
“We can recommend the cash flow forecaster as being a very simple programme to use, producing professional-looking reports, very reasonably priced and saved us many hours of work compiling our own initial spreadsheet. The after-sales service was also extremely efficient.”Jane Heard Associates.
“Works a treat, a friend entered my data into the Sage Forecasting program to see if there would be any differences in outcome. Of course it did not!” Matt, ERAMA Ltd.
The forecasting template is Excel-based software. You will need to have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, in order run the software. But, you don’t need to have expert knowledge of Excel or Spreadsheets in order to use the program, as it is easy to use and fully explained in the user manual that accompanies the software.
Frequently asked questions about Cash Forecaster and how to use it to forecast a projected balance sheet can be found here: FAQs